RaisingIn the process of petting cats, many pet owners may encounter the cat’s picky eating problem, which is also relatively common. Then the pet owner must first understand the reasons why the pet cat is suddenly picky in order to solve the problem.
Why my cat won’t eat
1. I’m sickCats suddenly picky eaters, it is likely that the body is abnormal, so picky eaters are a signal for help from the pet owner. For example, oral diseases, gastroenteritis (gastrointestinal diseases), etc., cats can easily affect their appetite when they are sick, so they are not just picky eaters.
2. IndigestionCats are picky eaters. It may also be due to lack of exercise and too much eating, so they have indigestion, which affects their appetite, so they suddenly become picky eaters.
3. Overfeeding canned food and snacksExcessive feeding of canned food and snacks is the main culprit for cats to be picky eaters. Cats are not interested in other foods because the pet owner feeds the cats canned foods and snacks uncontrollably. Then this will easily lead to cat nutritional imbalance, which is not conducive to health.
4. Tired of cat foodIf the pet owner eats the same cat food for the cat for a long time without changing it, it will burden the cat’s intestines and stomach, and the cat will also be tired of eating, so the cat will suddenly become picky and reluctant to eat cat food.5. Infection with internal parasitesCats suddenly become picky eaters, it is also likely to be infected with internal parasites, because there are worms in the stomach, which will destroy the cat’s gastrointestinal environment, bring discomfort to the cat’s intestines and stomach, and lead to lack of energy and loss of appetite.
1. Seek medical attention as soon as possibleIf the cat is not only picky eaters, but also has other symptoms such as lack of energy, or observes that the cat is sick or infected with parasites, take the cat to a regular pet hospital as soon as possible . Don’t think that it is normal for cats to be picky eaters and delay the best treatment time.
2. Quit snacks and canned foodThe cats have been picky eaters. If necessary, you should quit feeding cats with snacks and canned food. If the cat is unwilling to eat cat food, the pet owner can also fast for a few meals, and the cat is willing to eat anything when he is hungry.
3. Feed some probioticsFor cats with indigestion and gastrointestinal discomfort, you can feed them some probiotics to adjust the cat’s intestinal flora, maintain the balance of the cat’s intestinal flora, regulate the cat’s intestines and stomach, promote digestion and absorption, and increase the cat’s appetite, which can help. Improve cats’ picky eating.
4. Change to a cat food with good palatabilityIf cats are picky eaters and do not eat cat food, the supplementary nutrients will be insufficient, which will easily lead to malnutrition and affect their development. Therefore, it is recommended to choose a cat food with good palatability for the cat, so that the cat is willing to eat it.
For more cats care guides, pet cat toys recommendations, please read the following article
How to take care of a pregnant cat? Spring is blooming. Spring is the season for cats and cats to estrus and they mate. If the cat owner in the family becomes pregnant during this season, how should we take care of it? 1. The earliest appearance of pregnancy symptoms of cats is The color...
How to take care of a cat for the first time？The first time we raise a cat, we will inevitably be overwhelmed. Looking at the cute cat, it is like a naughty child acting like a baby to you. In fact, there are skills in raising cats, but don’t worry, as long as you master...